GuinevereStar

A bit of an insight into my world...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom

little odd, little funky (apparently), just a little me.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Well my goodness me...


...What a good weekend!


(Sorry about the delay in posting this - allsorts has got in the way, and I don't have a lot of the photos that I want to post, but hopefully I'll be able to get them soon and I'll edit this to make it a full account of the day)


Got to London on Friday afternoon, later than I'd planned, for a change! I knit on the train down, and got this far on the sock:

So, pretty much to the heel flap, which I decided I was going to do in the quiet as the Yarn Harlot suggests.

Went out for a meal with some Ravelry folk, at Meza, which although lovely was not good for veggies, people wanting good service, are on a budget or people who don't hear very well - and I tick all boxes! in the end shared some of their 'little' dishes with a fellow raveler and it was good.

Saturday, the big day, did not overall dissapoint!

Got to the venue at about 12 - an hour after I planned due to the tube being stuck because someone pulled the emergency cord on the train in front at Victoria.

Went to lunch at the Slug and lettuce, which was lovely - open mushroom burger with cheese on top and tzatziki and lovely chips.

Got back in time to see the end of the fashion show of Vintage Knits - some very cool things, including a knitting bathing suit:


Which although great, would surely fall down?!? :~)












Other lovelies included:



























After that we went over to Lindley Hall to see the Yarn Harlot! Got outside having checked my bag and coat in, to find it absolutely chucking it down, with a small umbrella between two!


Got in after not that long a wait, but with a soaked through sleeve and back, to find it like this:






















We managed to find seats quite far in front, to the left, which was good...


I got a picture of Stephanie taking the infamous sock picture...twice!













She spoke about a lot of things, the thread intertwining it all being the way that knitters are misunderstood by well, non-knitters.
There was also some great stuff about research and how knitters use more of their brain - allsorts of funky stuff, that I won't write all about in case you get a chance to hear her.

After that I had a wander round, and bought some gorgeous orange yarn from socktupus, and some giant yarn and giant needles, and had two books signed by the YH, and had my photo taken with my sock, and with Stephanie holding my sock, and her holding mine! it was AWESOME!!

I don't havethe photos right now, becasue their on a memory card that's at my old work and I'm trying to get back...but yeah, awesome!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home