GuinevereStar

A bit of an insight into my world...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom

little odd, little funky (apparently), just a little me.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Not Knitting...

Yeah, I've not really been knitting so much over the past few weeks, I've been going through a rough time (ex moving out and losing my job) and seem to have a distinct lack of energy.

I've turned the heel on my sock, which is great, and I really need to just sit and start knitting it again!

I'm supposed to be spending the day re-jigging the flat, after I got half way through last week and gave up, but I'm still in my pyjama's! Will definately get on with it though, as I'm collecting my new bed tonight! I currently sleep on a mattress on a futon (?!) but found a gorgeous bed on ebay, and won it - and two side tables - for £22! So I'm off to collect that later, so need to make room and the such...goals are good!

The doorbell rang about 10 minutes ago, with two women and a little child, trying to give me a copy of the latest Jehovah Witness magazine thingy...I did my usual, I'm a Quaker, and very strong in my fait as a Quaker, and the lead lady said, it's good that you have faith in the bible, and I coudl just see her going for a bit of speech, so kindly interrupted, and said, well, having faith in something, anything, is pretty much always a good thing. My indication that believing in a religious book that's not the bible seemed to shock her, she moved quickly onto adoring the cat (who tried to make a quick escape!) It's always interesting to see what reactions you get when you tell people you're a Quaker...

Must tidy...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger GrandAnglais said...

I would find being a Quaker hard as alcohol is strictly forbidden, is it not?
Great porridge though...

1:44 pm  
Blogger Kayla said...

No, alcohol is not strictly forbidden anymore.
And the porridge...nothing to do with us.

5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home